We live in the era of the Internet. For companies, this means establishing and maintaining a digital presence in order to stay relevant and connected to their customers.
Although there are many ideas of what a digital presence is, it basically refers to how companies perform online. It can mean having a user-friendly website or even being easily found on the first page of the Google’s search results page.
Why is it important to have a digital presence? If carefully maintained, a strong digital presence can equate to a company’s online success. There are a number of reasons that explain the need for a strong digital presence:
- Visibility and reach
- It allows companies to engage with potential customers
- Staying online means that companies’ information is constantly made available to online users
Creating a digital presence is a tedious process. Some of the steps that one should take include:
- Developing your brand’s Unique Selling Point (USP)
- Establish and understand your target audience
- Create a user-friendly website that is easy to navigate
- Designing your company’s website that showcases reliable and relevant information
- Optimizing your website so that customers will be able to find your website easily
- Engaging in online advertising
All in all, a company that has a strong digital presence will be able to be found on various online platforms; be it on Google or on various social media platforms. To have a strong digital presence on Google, a website has to be engaged in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Companies should also be aware of knowing whether their digital presence has attained them online success. Basic metrics include:
- Page views
- Unique visitors
- Bounce rate
- Conversion and cost per action
For social media accounts, these could be useful:
- Number of clicks for each platform
- Word of mouth
- Number of followers accumulated
Besides these technical tools, other alternatives could be how easy it was for customers to navigate your website, and real-time analysis.
Online success does not happen overnight. It takes time and effort for a business to eventually achieve their targeted goals, and companies need to always be alert to analyse any key activity online so to ensure that their digital presence is always present.
If you are unsure of how to get started, you can contact an agency specialising in web design in Singapore for more information.